My previous recommended reading post featured all Canadian authors, but I did read a bit outside of my nation in 2012. In the spirit of fairness, here is some work I really enjoyed by American and U.K. writers.
- Folly of the World, Jesse Bullington. Orbit Books, December 2012
- The Steel Seraglio, Mike Carey, Linda Carey, Louise Carey. CZP, April 2012
- Silver, Rhiannon Held. Tor Books, June 2012
- Libriomancer, Jim C. Hines. DAW, August 2012
- The Warlock’s Curse, M.K. Hobson. Tesla, October 2012
- Soul Trade, Caitlin Kittredge. St. Martin’s Press, September 2012
- Greatshadow, James Maxey. Solaris Books, January 2012.
- Discount Armageddon, Seanan McGuire. DAW Books, March 2012
- Forged in Fire, J.A. Pitts. Tor Books, June 2012
- This is Why You Fear Me, Robert Shearman. CZP, November 2012
- A Pretty Mouth, Molly Tanzer. Lazy Fascist September 2012
Most of the short fiction I read in 2012 was Canadian, but here’s a couple of American standouts from Fungi:
- “Last Bloom on the Sage”, Andrew Penn Romine, Fungi, Silvia Moreno-Garcia & Orrin Grey eds., Innsmouth Free Press, December 2012
- “Tubby McMungus, Fat From Fungus”, Molly Tanzer & Jesse Bullington, Fungi, Silvia Moreno-Garcia & Orrin Grey eds., Innsmouth Free Press, December 2012